Catholic schools provide a unique environment in which students can experience the support and encouragement of a faith community. Well-qualified administrators and faculty are dedicated to providing each student with the educational experiences that encourage academic excellence, develop the whole person, foster a life-long love of learning and promote an awareness of the needs of the community.
- Strong Catholic Identity is assured through daily religion classes, a rigorous certification program for teachers of religion, weekly attendance at liturgy and a dedicated faculty and staff that model and teach gospel values.
- Accreditation of all schools is through the Texas Catholic Conference Education Department as approved by the Texas Education Agency.
- Academic Excellence is documented using Stanford Achievement Tests which consistently show students to rank academically well above the national average.
- Parents are seen as partners and are encouraged to be active participants in their children’s education.
The Catholic School Office provides supervision for the 12 Catholic schools of the Diocese of Brownsville.
The mission of our Catholic schools in our diocese remains to serve a vital role in the educational ministry of the Church. Our schools are committed to providing quality education in an environment of spiritual, intellectual, and moral formation in accordance with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
We are reminded daily of the many blessings and resources available to our Catholic schools: talented students, supportive families, high-quality teachers, excellent administrators, support staff members, strong faith communities and dedicated clergy, religious men and women. Most importantly, we are grateful for the support of our Bishop, Daniel E. Flores and the financial support and sacrifices of the parishioners in our diocese who generously contribute to make Catholic education possible for our students.
Our Catholic schools reflect on-going continuous improvement efforts in all areas of curriculum. We commit ourselves to teaching all subjects well, especially through the teaching of the Good News of Jesus Christ; to forming community through which the presence of our God is experienced among faith-filled people; and to serving others following the example of our Lord.
At the same time, we are aware of our duties to be good stewards of the resources with which we have been graced. With the assistance of our parents, pastors, and school advisory councils, our schools remain, for the most part, financially viable. We continue to seek ways to benefit from strategic purchasing efforts and to access federal programs for our students and teachers.
We have two main goals in the Office of Catholic Schools – our Catholic schools must be Mission-driven, focusing on our Catholic Faith and that our Catholic schools promote academic excellence within a safe environment.
We invite you to visit one of our catholic schools in your area and to see what our schools can offer to you and your child. God Bless You!
The Catholic School Office
- Supervise: 9 Elementary and 3 High Schools (Parish and Independent).
- Accreditation, Curriculum, Testing, Professional Development, In-service Days for schools.
- Faith Formation (Certification for teachers of religion).
- Background Checks (Faculty, Staff & Volunteers).
- School Counseling Program.